May 6, 2012

Sunday Spam: Indie Edition!

Hi guys! Hope you all had a safe and fun Cinco De Mayo...I'm sure I did (hopefully I did, I'm not sure since I'm typing this before it happens lol!) Last time I did a spam post I got a bunch of people asking me to do them more often! Here you have it, spam #2...the indie polish edition! I don't now how frequent these spam posts will be, maybe once or twice a month but I like doing them...hope you guys like them too! Today's spam includes polishes from a whole bunch of different indie sellers including Dollish Polish, Lac Attack, Candeo Colors, Whimsical Ideas by Pam, All That Glitters, Girly Bits, Kays and Lynderella! This post is ridiculously picture heavy so the bulk of it can be found by clicking the read more button under the collage! I suggest grabbing a snack, it's a long post!

Also....all info for where to buy every brand will be at the very end of the post :)

All That Glitters Spottie Dottie Light is an awesome mix different sizes and shapes of flat white glitter in a clear base. I was SO excited for this but I'll be dammed if the formula wasn't the biggest pain in the rear I've come across with an indie polish. It was like there was way too much base and not enough glitter...even after shaking my bottle for upwards of 5 minutes I was struggling to not get 95% clear 5% glitter on my brush. I mentioned it on twitter and no one else seemed to have this problem, so I guess my bottle is a special snowflake. It's still awesome so I'll use it again, I just need to figure out how to strain out some of the base or something.

I have Spottie Dottie Light over Orly Beach Cruiser in the first photo below and Jessica Love Story in the second photo.

Next up are a whole bunch of Dollish Polish pretties...all the formulas on these were nice, it was easy to get a bunch of glitter on the brush and application was simple!

Hylian Princess is gold, purple and white glitter in different sizes and shapes in a clear base. I used 1 coat over Jessica Flirtation for the photos below.

Sun
It's A Me, Mario is red and blue glitter in various shapes/sizes and big silver star glitter in a clear base. Best named indie polish of all time? I think so haha! You do need to place the stars with this one but they were easy to get on the brush. I have this one over Orly Skinny Dip!

Sun

Shade

Sweet Dreams Are Made of Glitter is blue, purple, red and yellow (and probably more colors!) in an off white base. There is also a little bit of a greenish shimmer going on that you can see in person but not in my photos. I used 1 coat over Orly Decades of Dysfunction for the photos below. This was pretty opaque and you could wear it on it's own without a problem if you wanted to!

Sun

Shade

The Hero of Time is an awesome mix of green, gold and brown glitter in different shapes/sizes in a clear base. I love this combo so much! I used 1 coat over Jessica Soar for the photos below.

Sun

Shade

Girly Bits Hippity Hop over Butter London Trout Pout. Hippity Hop is SO MUCH BETTER in real life, I feel like photos don't do it any justice! There is super tiny microglitter that is just gorgeous!

Sun

Shade

Kays Achene Lime is a gorgeous red with an intense golden/green shimmer. The shimmer in this was stunning and plentiful, no need to squint to see it in direct sunlight (or even inside). The formula was pretty much amazing, I only needed 1 coat! Both photos below are in the sun!

Kays Lolita is a mix of silver and purple glitter in a clear base. This is very dense and it would be easy to get it opaque on it's own if you wanted to. I used 1 coat over Jessica Sunrise for the photos below!

Sun

Shade

Next up I have 3 Whimsical Ideas by Pam polishes to show you guys. I gotta say, I am in love with her labels and bottle. There is the cutest little bow on the caps...it's such a nice touch!

Peanut Butter and Jelly is a medium purple jelly packed with coppery/rose gold glitter of varying sizes. You can definitely wear this on it's own. I layered it over Zoya Perrie for the photos below and you can't even see the base color!

Sun
Kismet's Pajamas is pink and silver glitter in a black/grey base. I thought this was going to be more sheer than it was so I put 1 coat over Zoya Christinna for the photos below. This one is one I'd probably wear over black or on it's own...I don't love my combo :( Gorgeous polish though, I love these colors together!

Shade

Seuss is a bright blue jelly packed with silver, white and red glitter. Talk about an appropriately named polish! This one is opaque also, I've seen it on a bunch of other blogs looking fabulous at 3 coats. I used 1 coat over Zoya Robyn for the photos below. The base color of Seuss and Robyn are pretty much exactly the same!

Sun

Shade

Candeo Colors Plumage is a mix of green, blue and gold glitter in different sizes and shapes in a clear base. I love this one because it has big square glitter...my favorite! I like the formula on this one also, it was really easy to get a lot of glitter on the nail in only 1 coat! I used 1 coat over Zoya Talullah for the photos below!

Sun

Lac Attack Jewel Of The Nile is matte neon glitter in green, blue and pink in a clear base. If you like Floam you will love this, it's the same type of glitter! I wish there was matte neon glitter in everything, I seriously cannot get enough of it. I think I might die from awesome overload if someone makes a matte neon glitter that is square like the glitter in Plumage. I used one coat of Jewel Of The Nile over Zoya Bekka for the photos below, kind of a weird combo but I'm not gonna lie, I love it!

In the photos below I'm holding a Color Club top coat, my bottle of Jewel Of The Nile is a mini and a pain to hold for photos! :)

Sun
Last but not least is Lynnderella One Nutty Fruitcake which is packed with tons of square glitter in a million different colors in a clear base. I did a jelly sandwich with this one using OPI Don't Touch My Tutu. I totally copied this idea from Kirsten at Glitta Gloves....her jelly sandwich (which you can see here!) is what made me want One Nutty Fruitcake in the first place. I dedicate the upside photo below to Kirsten lol

Sun

Where to buy:

All That Glitters: http://www.etsy.com/shop/allthatglittersnails
Candeo Colors: http://www.candeocolors.com/
Dollish Polish: http://dollishpolish.bigcartel.com/ and http://www.overallbeauty.com
Whimsical Ideas by Pam: http://www.facebook.com/whimsicalideasbypam
Girly Bits: http://girlybits.bigcartel.com/ and http://shop.llarowe.com/
Lynnderella: http://shop.llarowe.com/ (via wishlist, please make sure you "like" Llarowe on Facebook or sign up for her email list on her website to be informed about when wish lists will be taken again)
Lac Attack: http://www.etsy.com/shop/lacattack
Kays: http://www.ninjapolish.com

*Lac Attack, Kays & Girly Bits polishes were sent to me for review, all other were purchased by me with my own money out of my bank account which is now empty due to all these awesome indie polishes*
Best Blogger Tips
  • Digg This Post
  • Stumble This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Float This Post
  • Bookmark On Technorati
Blog Gadgets

55 comments:

1. What an insane post! :Q___

ReplyDelete
  2. You look hawttttt upside down! I hate you for this spam post. *resumes stalking* I'll never own anythingggggg

ReplyDelete
  3. I have the exact same problem with my Spottie Dottie Light! I ended up having to dab the polish on different parts of my nails to get the glitter on!

ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I copied Kirsten too! one Nutty Fruticake was in my wishlist because of her and her delicious sandwich!!
    i love your post, sometimes it's difficult to decide on Etsy anly watching to nail wheels :-)
    I zhave some Lynnderellas, two All that Glitter (the white without issues and the same in blac) and a beautiful pastel confetti from Candy Lacquer that I absolutely love!!

ReplyDelete
  5. What about where I can but Candeo? :)

6. A Girl and Her PolishMay 6, 2012 at 6:54 AM

These are all so amazing! There are some awesome ladies out there making polish! :)

7. I am loving
    Lac Attack Jewel Of The Nile, and I totally agree with you,  I need more matte glitter in my life!

ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!! and you're right a matte version of Plumage would be AMAZING!

ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally loving the matte glitter polishes as well!
    Beautiful spam!

10. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Glad it's not just me, I ended up doing that too which was also a pain because they it was all lumpy looking and hard to even out without losing the glitter :(

11. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:17 AM

woohoo! Glad you like it!

12. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I don't think I've ever heard of Candy Lacquer. I need to look that seller up!

13. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I knew I was forgetting one LOL! Just added that info in!

14. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM

there sure are, I can't even believe the awesome stuff these ladies come up with!

15. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

matte glitter is my weakness, I need to own every single polish that has it lol

16. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Thank you! That would be the most epic polish ever, I hope someone makes it!

17. thepolishaholicMay 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Thank you!

ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic post! I loved seeing all of those.

ReplyDelete
  19. I loved your blog before, but I love it even more now!  I have a special place in my heart for indies, and this "spam" post is so beautiful.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Definitely keep 'em coming!

On a side note, what is your nail care regimen?  I love the length and shape of your nails, and with all the swatching you do, it must take a toll.  My nails are so weak and I can't seem to get them to the length and shape I'd like.  They either peal or chip or tear.  So very sad.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!

ReplyDelete
  20. I'm just discovering indie polishes - thanks for showcasing so many of them!  Love your blog.

ReplyDelete
  21. *sigh*... I did NOT need to add more indies to me wish list! ;)  Awesome post- I don't have any of the polishes you covered but I have quite a few from some of the sellers.  And now I'm off to like some more!  I don't have Whimsicals yet but they've been on my wish list for awhile... Seuss and Peanut Butter & Jelly are the 2 I'm definitely getting from her!  Though I think my 3rd will be I Believe in Fairies.  I think those pretties keep getting bumped down because so many other sellers sell out quickly on Etsy sales so I just to get them when I can.

22. HOORAY for glitter spam. *burns debit card*

ReplyDelete
  23. Why are indie polishes almost always glitter?

I mean, I certainly don't have a problem with it (I love glitter!) but I'm just wondering.

Replies
    1. I wonder that too. I feel like I'm the only one who's not a fan of all the indie glitters that are seen on nail blogs. However I do like some of the underneath colours you used in this post :)

24. Amazing!!!  I love all the indies, too!!  :)

ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love the jelly sandwich. I haven't been a glitter fanatic lately but that definitely made me want to buy a glitter!! I'm absolutely loving the random posts. Fantastic idea.

ReplyDelete
  26. I like this post! What kind of party are you talking about?

ReplyDelete
  27. I freakin love these! loving the indie spam and "Its A Me, Mario" is so legendry - Seuss reminds me of Dr Seuss how amazing is that! I am so ecstatic about these right now.. also "Sweet Dreams are Made of Glitter" SO SO SPOT ON!!

I Love glitter (can you tell) great post!! xx

ReplyDelete
  28. ooooh I LOVE this post.  There are even pretties in here that I don't have ... yet:)

29. xteenage_kicksxMay 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Oh wow! I love Hylian Princess and Sweet Dreams Are Made of Glitter! Need to get me some Dollish Polish I thinks xx

ReplyDelete
  30. I think it's because regular polish brands don't offer glitter polishes like these!

ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE the three Whimsical Ideas by Pam! Gorgeous!

32. Chrissy NailUtopiaMay 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM

So many beautiful polishes in one post~!! Its polish overload~!! :D

ReplyDelete
  33. Loving all of these! Some I have and some I now want! Hehehe.

34. Femke VrieswijkMay 7, 2012 at 4:43 AM

i really like these glitter polishes :D

ReplyDelete
  35. You mentioned trying to strain out some of the base for Spottie Dottie Light.  Sally's sells plastic pipettes (like what a chemist might use).  The tips on those should be narrow enough to fit inside the bottle and allow you to suck up some of the base with minimal mess.

ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic idea on the jelly sandwich!!  SO doing this!

37. thepolishaholicMay 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I'll have to go check that out!

38. thepolishaholicMay 7, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Thanks!

39. thepolishaholicMay 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Thanks Rebecca! I actually really don't do very much aside from moisturizing a lot, I wish I had great advice for you! If you've never checked out Loodie's blog before you should, she is like the queen of nail care! http://loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/

40. thepolishaholicMay 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

LMAO what do you want...i can maybe get it for you?

41. thepolishaholicMay 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Glad you like them!

42. thepolishaholicMay 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I'm like that too, I want more of the Whimsical stuff but I never order them because like you I spend the money on attempting to buy from other sellers in the 5 minutes they are open before everything sells out lol

ReplyDelete
  43.  I think because they are unique to what is out in the market place...also they are probably a lot easier to perfect and make as opposed to creme and shimmer polishes

ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my gosh, Whimsical Ideas by Pam are so gorgeous! I found her a few weeks ago and already bought the whole collection. They are creamy and the glitter goes on so nice and even. I was afraid she will sell out like everyone else soon so I got what I could when I could! Thanks for the amazing post, these creators are true artists and I love owning my little masterpieces!

45. i love jelly sandwich! :D

ReplyDelete
  46. Bless this post! I needed to discover some new indie polishes! Love, love, love! :)

ReplyDelete
  47. It's because it is hard to make your own color that isn't already made, but with glitter the combinations are endless :-)

ReplyDelete
  48.  LMAO what do you want...i can maybe get it for you?

ReplyDelete
  49. I like this post! What kind of party are you talking about?

ReplyDelete
  50. Bless this post! I needed to discover some new indie polishes! Love, love, love! :)

ReplyDelete
  51. I have been going on an indie binge lately, and I am pretty much in irrevocable love with Girly Bits. I want to get Hippity Hop, but I have been less than 110% enthused by some of the swatches I have seen (although yours is beautiful). I know you say photos of Hippity Hop don't do it justice - how pretty and easy-to-apply is really? Worth splurging for?! Thanks!!

ReplyDelete

Please make sure you are commenting in DISQUS. If you can see this message you aren't which means I cannot reply to any questions you have.

Please do not leave links to your blog in my comments. If you would like me to check out your blog please email me using the contact button in the sidebar.